HBF met for the 15th time in April and discussed, among other things, the following:
– New Chair – Matt Bisogno will be stepping down in June, and be succeeded by co-chairs, Colin Hord and Colin Magee. Matt will remain on the Forum until the end of the year before stepping away.2018 Bettors’ Survey – The findings and analysis of HBF’s 2018 survey were released immediately following the April meeting. Full details can be found here.
– Betting Charter – HBF has initiated a second round of discussion with bookmakers, based on a review of how major operators perform against the Charter points. Once the current consultation concludes, scores will be published on HBF’s website.
– Gambling Commission – Discussion with a UKGC representative covered, amongst others, the following areas:
– ante post liabilities in the event of insolvency / acquisition / cessation of trading in UK (as a result of the recent Betbright / 888sport cases)
– display of overrounds on betting shows, across all of on-course, retail and online
– HBF submissions to UKGC consultations
– British Horseracing Authority – Discussion with Nick Rust, CEO of the BHA, covered, amongst others, the following areas:
– impending publication of more detailed data appertaining to wind operations
– inauguration of the Horse Welfare Board
– additional data availability, including mares in foal, sectional timing, and horse weights
– consultation on the use of the whip
– picture latency and in-running betting
– HBF Refresh – The Forum will be seeking new members later in the year. Interested parties may contact HBF with immediate effect.
Comments are closed