HORSERACING BETTORS FORUM INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS
The Horseracing Bettors Forum (HBF) is today inviting applications from the public to fill a small number of places on the Forum to replace existing members as part of a planned, refresh of its membership ahead of its second anniversary.
The HBF was established in September 2015 to understand the views of those who bet on British racing, and to represent those views to the individuals and bodies who make policy decisions in this area. The HBF was created with the assistance of the British Horseracing Authority (BHA), and maintains a good working relationship with the sport’s governing and regulatory body, but is independent of it.
The HBF comprises up to nine voluntary members, chosen for their knowledge of the betting environment and their ability to represent the betting public. Forum members meet four times a year and correspond extensively between those meetings. To that end, the HBF invites applications from members of the public interested in such a role. From this point on, HBF members will be asked to serve a three-year term.
Appropriate individuals are kindly requested to contact HBF at email@example.com specifying in no more than 500 words why they would like to be considered for the role, including contact details (a CV is not required).
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate a proven interest in the concerns of the British horseracing betting public
- Give evidence of expertise in areas which will be useful to the HBF in achieving its goals
- Are prepared to commit to assisting the HBF, such as through internal discussion and case-study work, in addition to being available to meet four times a year
All positions with HBF are unpaid, but reasonable travel expenses to official HBF meetings may be claimed by members in line with the BHA expenses policy. This is an opportunity to represent a group that is key to the future prosperity of the sport of horseracing and to make a positive difference.
The HBF is committed to equal opportunities and encourages diversity. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 May 2017.
Forum members will be appointed by the Chair following the HBF’s next scheduled meeting, which will be on Monday 3 July 2017, with a view to inducting new members in September or October 2017.
Further information about the activities of the HBF and its remit can be found on its website at http://ukhbf.org/.
Notes to editors:
- The Horseracing Bettors Forum was created in August, 2015, with the assistance of the BHA to represent the perceived interests of those who bet upon, or who might bet upon, British horseracing.
- The HBF seeks to ensure that those interests are understood and taken into account in the relevant decision-making processes, for the good of both bettors and the sport of horseracing in Britain.
- The HBF consists of nine members – all voluntary and unpaid – who convene roughly once every three months to discuss issues that they feel are relevant to British horseracing punters. The HBF has no mandatory powers, but, where appropriate, it will seek to influence policy in accordance with its stated objectives.