In a few short years the HBF has been responsible for or involved with:
· Creation of the HBF Betting Charter to define and recognise best practice.
· Published declarations of wind operations.
· A reduction in non-runners.
· Minimum bet liabilities.
· Accurate measurements of race distances and furlong markers.
· 48 hour declarations at the Cheltenham Festival.
· Advancing the use of sectional timing.
· A reduction in race clashes via non-standard off times.
· Continuous lobbying for accurate going reports.
· Highlighting bookmakers’ protection of funds commitments.
· Annual bettors’ surveys to highlight areas of concern.
· Contributions to the Gambling Commission to include the provision of alternative dispute resolution bodies.
· Input into the BHA review of stewarding.